The Pen Parentis Literary Salon is a unique Downtown series that shatters parental stereotypes as it celebrates the diverse creative work of writers that are also parents. On the second Tuesday of each month September through May, join us at 75 Wall Street (Andaz Wall Street). Each night begins with networking over wine, compliments of Andaz Wall Street. Readings are followed by Q&A moderated by Pen Parentis founder M. M. De Voe and Salons curator Christina Chiu. Each event ends with mingling and book signings. Come join the fun! Pen Parentis Literary Salons are a great place to meet book-loving neighbors as well as industry notables. You don’t have to be a parent or even a writer to enjoy these events – join us!
See below for details of who is reading next and to RSVP!
Our tenth anniversary Holiday Author Mingle is not to be missed – come one, come all!
There will be live music by Wilson Montuori (award-wining Latin and jazz acoustic guitar), a raffle, and lots of brief, entertaining talks and readings by FIVE major food/wine writers.
All authors who have read at Pen Parentis are warmly invited to attend as our guests.
- Journalist and cartoonist John Donohue is the founder of All the Restaurants in New York, in which he aims to visit and draw every restaurant in NYC; a New Yorker contributor, he has just received a three-book deal with Abrams Books to do draw all the restaurants in New York, London, and Paris.
- Andrew Friedman is an author and editor of more than 25 cookbooks, memoirs, and other projects with some of America’s finest and most well-known chefs; he is featured in the documentary The Last Magnificent. Toqueland is his blog about the lives of chefs.
- Robert Simonson has written about cocktails, spirits, bars and bartenders for the New York Times since 2000. He regularly writes for the Food and Travel sections of the Times and is contributing editor and columnist at Punch.
- Ava Chin is an author and the former Urban Forager columnist for the New York Times. Her foraging blog has a devoted following.
- Nina Planck is an author and farmers’ market entrepreneur. She created the wildly popular London Farmers’ Markets as well as the Real Food cookbook series.
Additionally – ANDAZ Wall Street will be serving up special tasting bites for those holding Tasting Tickets to this special public event. Come meet Andaz Executive Chef Pietro Consorti, mingle with foodies and hear writers who write about food discuss their lives and interests!
Only thirty tastings tickets are available: they go on sale December 1-16 and each is $45. The event itself is free and open to the public 21+ (though a minimum $10 suggested donation per person is warmly welcome!)
Please make your RSVPs and buy your tickets through this link (all funds go to Pen Parentis to maintain programs).