We know the weather is going to be atrocious tonight, but we hear the Killarney Rose makes a killer Irish Coffee and so we are going to head to the...
Our tenth anniversary Holiday Author Mingle is not to be missed – come one, come all!
There will be live music by Wilson Montuori (award-wining Latin and jazz acoustic guitar), a raffle, and lots of brief, entertaining talks and readings by FIVE major food/wine writers.
All authors who have read at Pen Parentis are warmly invited to attend as our guests.
- Journalist and cartoonist John Donohue is the founder of All the Restaurants in New York, in which he aims to visit and draw every restaurant in NYC; a New Yorker contributor, he has just received a three-book deal with Abrams Books to do draw all the restaurants in New York, London, and Paris.
- Andrew Friedman is an author and editor of more than 25 cookbooks, memoirs, and other projects with some of America’s finest and most well-known chefs; he is featured in the documentary The Last Magnificent. Toqueland is his blog about the lives of chefs.
- Robert Simonson has written about cocktails, spirits, bars and bartenders for the New York Times since 2000. He regularly writes for the Food and Travel sections of the Times and is contributing editor and columnist at Punch.
- Ava Chin is an author and the former Urban Forager columnist for the New York Times. Her foraging blog has a devoted following.
- Nina Planck is an author and farmers’ market entrepreneur. She created the wildly popular London Farmers’ Markets as well as the Real Food cookbook series.
Additionally – ANDAZ Wall Street will be serving up special tasting bites for those holding Tasting Tickets to this special public event. Come meet Andaz Executive Chef Pietro Consorti, mingle with foodies and hear writers who write about food discuss their lives and interests!
Only thirty tastings tickets are available: for each $45+ donation you can have an exclusive five course tasting menu prepared by ANDAZ Executive Chef!. The event itself is free and open to the public 21+ (though a minimum $10 suggested donation per person is warmly welcome!)
Please make your RSVPs and buy your tickets through this link (all funds go to Pen Parentis to maintain programs).