2019-2020 Winner of the Pen Parentis Writing Fellowship for New Parents: THE STORYTELLER by Anjali Vaidya! CONGRATULATIONS to ANJALI VAIDYA of San Diego, California for this excellent achievement! THE STORYTELLER...
ADD TO CALENDAR:
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18th
Our tenth anniversary Holiday Author Mingle is not to be missed – come one, come all!
All authors who have read at Pen Parentis are warmly invited to attend as our guests. There will be live music by Wilson Montuori (award-wining Latin and jazz acoustic guitar) and readings by FIVE major food/wine writers.
- Journalist and cartoonist John Donohue is the founder of All the Restaurants in New York, in which he aims to visit and draw every restaurant in NYC; a New Yorker contributor, he has just received a three-book deal with Abrams Books to do draw all the restaurants in New York, London, and Paris.
- Andrew Friedman is an author and editor of more than 25 cookbooks, memoirs, and other projects with some of America’s finest and most well-known chefs; he is featured in the documentary The Last Magnificent. Toqueland is his blog about the lives of chefs.
- Robert Simonson has written about cocktails, spirits, bars and bartenders for the New York Times since 2000. He regularly writes for the Food and Travel sections of the Times and is contributing editor and columnist at Punch.
- Ava Chin is an author and the former Urban Forager columnist for the New York Times. Her foraging blog has a devoted following.
- Nina Planck is an author and farmers’ market entrepreneur. She created the wildly popular London Farmers’ Markets as well as the Real Food cookbook series.
Additionally – ANDAZ Wall Street will be serving up special tasting bites for those holding Tasting Tickets to this special public event. Come meet Andaz Executive Chef Pietro Consorti, mingle with foodies and hear writers who write about food discuss their lives and interests! Only thirty tastings tickets are available: they go on sale December 1-16. The event itself is free and open to the public 21+ (though a minimum $10 suggested donation per person is warmly welcome!)
Details will be up on our website soon! Watch this link! Put Tuesday, December 18th in your calendar!