Pen Parentis, Ltd, occasionally presents special events for the community that are family-friendly and/or book or writing career oriented.
Events we have sponsored include:
- We were sponsors of AWP in Tampa FL, 2018! It was fantastic meeting lots of parent writers at our Meetup – hope to stay in touch with you all!
- Governor’s Island HOUSE OF LIT PARTY – in conjunction with MUTHA MAGAZINE we took over a house and had family-friendly story-based activities all day! Comic book artists in residence, Spellbound Theater, and readings on the porch. Part of The Empire State of the Book Festival.
- MUTHA TONGUE. An event for PENAmerica‘s LIT CRAWL 2016, featuring Mira Jacob, Jade Sanches-Ventura, Emily Gould, Emily Flake and Lisa Kim. Hosted by Meg Lemke of Mutha Magazine. In association with the Brooklyn Players Reading Society.
- OUT LOUD: Bring your words to life A masterclass with the experts at Vital Voice.
- BOOKS AHOY! A celebration of children’s literature aboard the historic steamship tender, the Lilac.
- THE LITERATE PARENT: a series of daytime book discussion groups presented at the 92Y/Tribeca.
- HIGH NOTES: a rooftop celebration of books and music, in conjunction with young, award-winning musicians from the Concert Artists Guild.
- participant in SEAPORT SEMESTER: a diverse group of family-friendly programs at the South Street Seaport.
Please contact us if you would like to partner with us on a special event.
Other Awards and Honors
- Mention in New York Nonprofit Journal – in a feature on Platinum Level Guide Star early-adopters
- One of three presenting organizations at Asian American Arts Alliance pre-gala fundraising party alongside NYFA (New York Foundation for the Arts) June 2016
- Co-hosted a writing-parent meet-up at AWP 2016 in Los Angeles with the Sustainable Arts Foundation – 50+ parents attended
- Presented a panel on PRIVACY MATTERS: Sell your book, not your soul, featuring Pen Parentis alumni, moderated by M.M. De Voe
- M. M. De Voe invited to speak at the WOW – Women of the World conference in Baltimore, October 7-8, 2016 about Pen Parentis “On Being Fearless”