Our doors are open to all writers who are also parents.
Title Members strengthen the Pen Parentis community now and into the future! This commitment is 100% tax-deductible and will earn you an author’s space on our website. Send us your photo, bio, links to your books and other writing–thank you so much for your support of ALL parents who are writers.
Too often, parents are written out of the artistic world. Rather than facing blank decades, Pen Parentis believes our world will be a richer, more interesting place when parents can continue to create. You belong in a supportive community that can help you stay on creative track.
TITLE MEMBERS HAVE FULL ACCESS
TO PEN PARENTIS PROGRAMS FOR FREE:
Salons – Weekly Accountability (Zoom) Meetups – Fellowship entry
See below for more perks (as if you need more!)
Choose from Title Membership at one of four levels. Thanks again for helping us create these awesome programs!
Rest easy. Sign up at $150 per year
Take it slow. Sign up at $10 per month
Dive right in. Sign up at $15 per month
Help yourself and others! Sign up at $20 per month
ALL TITLE MEMBERS additionally receive exclusive privileges such as early invitations to special events, raffles for glamorous prizes (we gave away two registrations for the last AWP conference!) and other fancy and/or career-enhancing perks – because we could not survive as an organization without your help. So we thank you with cool stuff. And our thanks. And cheers.
BASIC MEMBERSHIP: We do not discriminate based on income. Basic membership is free, leave your email address and you can join our circle right away. Please use the resources we have. Be counted! We are happy to support you in your time of need, and hope that as your income grows, you will support your community in return. We sincerely hope that your circumstances will soon improve and we will do all we can to help that happen — ! Until you have the means to become a Title Member, let’s work together to get your writing career moving! All of our in-person programs are open to you for low drop-in fees (these can also be waived if you let us know your circumstances and honestly can’t afford them).
BASIC members get full access to the Pen Parentis Behind Closed Doors group on Facebook to connect and interact with likeminded writers who have kids, get a mentor (or become one), and participate in the weekly writer-parent accountability thread posted at noon (ET) on Fridays.
Basic Members can also attend Salons as members (please do drop us a small donation when getting your tickets if you are able to do so!).
Basic Membership does not include free access to the Zoom or in-person accountability groups, but you can pay for one 12-week session at a time at the regular rate of $10 per session. Contact us if you wish to join an accountability group at the Basic Member level (or choose Title membership for $10/month!).
Sign up for Basic Membership
Extra perks for Title Members:
TITLE MEMBERS are entered into a raffle in early October, for one full registration for the AWP conference that happens annually in March (pending AWP holding its conference in-person). If you are already registered, you may use this registration to bring along your child or someone to watch your child as you participate. The higher your support level, the more entries in the raffle. You do not have to be present to win. If you can not attend or do not wish to travel, we will give the registration to a different Title Member.
TITLE MEMBERS at the higher levels of FOUNTAIN PEN ($20/month) SHARPENED PENCIL ($15/month) or LAPTOP LEVEL ($150 annual) also enjoy the additional benefits listed below:
- One Lit Place: a Full-Service Writers’ Center provides online writing courses and workshops and personalized coaching and editing services to writers of creative, academic, and business projects.
Receive discounts on several online courses, including the comprehensive Write Your Novel in 4 Months Program (Save $200!) or Write Your Business or Self-Development Book in 4 Months Program (Save $100). Plus, save 15% on all hourly writing coaching and editing services. The specific, individualized help and feedback you get from having a coach and editor on your side — on a schedule that works for busy parents— is truly addictive. Give your writing career a productive and motivational boost at One Lit Place!
- Do you have a small business on the side? Maybe you’re thinking of making your editing or teaching skills more profitable? You get 10% off Insider and Collaborator Memberships at LMHQ (Downtown Manhattan’s open plan workspace and event space – we host our Salons here! – they have classes for startups and small business as well as a gorgeous workspace not far from Wall Street.)
TITLE MEMBERS at the highest level of FOUNTAIN PEN ($20/month) or SHARPENED PENCIL LEVEL ($15/month) also enjoy the additional benefits listed below:
- Are you in or near NYC? We have a new partnership with Paragraph: Workspace for Writers. Their fantastic in-person writing spaces feature silent individual carrels (complete silence!! surrounded by books!), wifi, rentable lockers, homey kitchenettes with coffee, lots of in-person event opportunities, and are centrally located in Union Square and Williamsburg. Reasonable monthly and daily rates – part time, or 24/7, short term and long. It’s perfect for parents with a completely haywire schedule! Title Members get their Paragraph initiation fee ($95) waived, and even without Paragraph membership, Title Members can apply to teach personal writing workshops in their cool common rooms! Got a following and need a cool space? Try Paragraph.
- a 20% discount on BellyFire Productions services for making book promotion videos
- the opportunity to blog on our site! Fountain Pen and Sharpened Pencil Level members may query us with ideas for our homepage and we will discuss word count. Editorial approval necessary.
- Access us on the Pen Parentis Writers App available on Android or iPhone platforms – search for Pocket Pen by Pen Parentis!
Please note that Title Membership is a recurring donation. If you need to cancel at any time, just log into your own PayPal account and do so. We do not store your financial information or control your membership in any way. We simply appreciate your support and wish you all the best in your writing career!